Cahersiveen
Abtei zum Heiligen Kreuz / Abbey of the Holy Cross
Die mittelalterliche Kirche wird 1615 erstmals als "Kirche von Cahir" erwähnt, 1756 wird sie in Aufzeichnungen der Ordnance Survey als "in Reparatur", 1841 als "verfallen" beschrieben. Heute ist nur mehr die Ost- und die Südwand erhalten. Die Kirche wird erst ab 1896 "Abtei zum Heiligen Kreuz" genannt, wobei ein Zusammenhang mit der Quelle des Heiligen Kreuzes weiter im Süden nahe liegt.
The medieval church is mentioned for the first time as "Church of Cahir" in 1615. In 1756 the records of the Ordnance Survey describe it as "in repair", in 1841 already as "in ruins". Today only the east and the south wall remain. The church is named "Abbey of the Holy Cross" from 1896 on, a connection to the Well of the Holy Cross further to the south seems likely.
Details von Abtei zum Heiligen Kreuz / Details of Abbey of the Holy Cross
Zugeordnete Themen / Assigned Topics:
Externe Links für Abtei zum Heiligen Kreuz / External links for Abbey of the Holy Cross
Lage / Location
- Irish grid: V 46878 79501
- GPS: 51.94685 -10.22798
Übersicht über Cahersiveen / Overview of Cahersiveen
(© OpenStreetMaps contributors)
- BV
- Blick auf Bucht / Bay View
- CH
- Gerichtsgebäude / Court House
- CL
- Carnegie Freie Bibliothek / Carnegie Free Library
- HF
- Monsignore Hugh O'Flaherty / Monsignor Hugh O'Flaherty
- HW
- Quelle des Heiligen Kreuzes / Well of the Holy Crosss
- OA
- St. Finnians Kirche - The Oratory Pizzeria / Saint Finnian's Church - The Oratory Pizzeria
- OB
- Alte Barracken / Old Barracks
- OC
- Daniel O'Connell Gedenkkirche des Heiligen Kreuzes / Daniel O'Connell Memorial Church of the Holy Cross
- PC
- Alte Pfarrkirche (CoI) / Old Parish Church (CoI)
- SC
- Sigerson Clifford
- SS
- Barr na Sráide Menhir / Barr na Sráide Standing Stone
- SV
- Sieves Ringfort / Sadhbh's Ringfort







