Adare

Augustinerkloster / Augustinian Priory

(2000-07-15)

Das Augustinerkloster am Rand von Adare wurde 1315 gegründet und war bis in die Mitte des 16. Jahrhunderts in Betrieb. Es wurde 1807 restauriert und gehört heute der protestantischen Gemeinde der Church of Ireland. Der Innenhof ist mit Romanischen Engelsfiguren verziert.

The Augustinian priory on the edge of Adare was founded in 1315 and was in operation until the middle of the 16th century. It was restored in 1807 und today is the protestant parish church of the Church of Ireland. Its inner court is decorated with Romanesque figures of angels.

Weiterführende Informationen auf / Further information at
www.monastic.ie/history/adare-augustinian-friary/

Wohin als nächstes? / Where to next?
Adare Desmond Castle und Franziskanerkloster / Desmond Castle and Franciscan Friary