Celbridge

Celbridge Muehle / Celbridge Mill

(2019-09-30)

Bereits 1217 wird eine Mühle in Celbridge schriftlich erwähnt: The Manor Mill of Kildrought, die von Thomas de Hereford erbaut wurde. Um 1800 wurde das noch heute bestehende Gebäude errichtet und war seinerzeit die größte Mühle Irlands. Im Laufe ihrer Existenz wurde die Mühle immer wieder geschlossen und von einem anderen Besitzer neu eröffnet. Seit 1985 ist in dem Gebäude das Gemeindezentrum untergebracht.

Already in 1217 a mill in Celbridge is on record: The Manor Mill of Kildrought built by Thomas de Hereford. Around 1800 the still present building was constructed and was then the largest mill of Ireland. During the course of its existence the mill was often closed down and reopened by a new owner. Since 1985 the Community Centre is located in the building.

Zugeordnete Themen / Assigned Topics:
 
Übersicht über Celbridge / Overview of Celbridge